The Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) to the Office of the Vice Provost for Information Technology provides recommendations on current issues and future directions of Information Technology at Penn State. The focus of STAC is on technology policies, initiatives and services that affect teaching and learning as well as the co-curricular development of students. Primary responsibilities of STAC will be to:
- Make every effort to secure wide input from students, to provide feedback on current needs, and recommendations on opportunities for future services.
- Advise on the best ways to sustain communication with students about needs, barriers, and opportunities.
- Consider the efficacy of various proposed service expansions for student information technology, including the costs associated with such additions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide to the campus community an annual statement of the services funded by the IT fee.
STAC will consist of twenty student members and six ex-officio staff members. Each member will be appointed to a one year term, renewable at the discretion of the relevant appointing body.
Composition of the student members STAC will be as follows:
- Three members on behalf of CCSG, appointed by the President of CCSG
- Three members on behalf of UPUA, appointed by the President of UPUA
- Two members on behalf of GPSA, appointed by the President of GPSA
In addition, six ex-officio members will be appointed by the Vice Provost for IT and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
STAC will meet monthly during the regular academic year. Members are expected to attend three-quarters of all scheduled meetings. An onboarding retreat will be held at the beginning of each Fall semester, in advance of the new academic year.